CONCEAL AND CARRY INFORMATION
The Texas County Sheriff’s Department is the location to apply for a Conceal Carry Weapons Permit (CCW). People can begin this process by calling the Sheriff’s Department at 417-967-4165 and asking for Penny Rader to make an appointment. The department for CCW is located at the spruce Street entrance.
Applications/Renewals & Transfers will be taken by appointment only.
Call: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM Out for lunch from 12:00-1:00 PM.
List of items you need to bring with you to your appointment:
1. Valid Photo I.D. with current address
2. Certificate of completion from your instructor
3. Money Order/Cashier’s Check for $78.75 made payable to the Texas County Sheriff's Office (T.C.S.O.)
From the time of receiving your renewal letter you may make an appointment within 30 days. Be aware though, the date you make the appointment will be your new renewal date.
$35.00 Cash only – Exact Change
TRANSFER FROM OTHER COUNTIES/STATES: $35.00 Cash Only – Exact Change
1. Contact the Sheriff’s Department within 30 days of moving into the county/state
2. Bring prior/original paperwork
Traveling with Firearms/Conceal Carry Weapons. The link provided is a guide to each state. Laws may change therefore, you should check with the proper authorities before transporting firearms in any state.
NRA Website- Guide to the Interstate Transportation of Firearms.
NRA Guides to Carrying Firearms without a permit/license.